Sunday, January 5, 2020

Tanar'ri, Lesser - Bulezau

Tanar'ri, Lesser - Bulezau

Climate/Terrain: The Abyss
Frequency: Uncommon
Organization: Group
Activity Cycle: Any
Diet: Carnivore
Intelligence: Low-Average (5-10)
Treasure: A
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Number Appearing: 3-12
Armor Class: -1
Movement: 9
Hit Dice: 7+3
THAC0: 13
Number of Attacks: 4 or 3
   Claws (x2): d4+1, d4+1
   Head-butt: 2d8
   Tail: d3
   by Weapon (replaces claw attacks)
   ALL +6 (18/00 Strength bonus)
Special Attacks: 
   Berserk (Bulezau ability): 25% chance per round, 75% chance if they take damage without hitting foe. Attacks at +2. Suffer +1 Armor Class penalty. Save at +4 against Fear, Hold, Emotion or Mind-affecting Spells. Will not stop attacking until all foes are dead.
   Cause Fear (per spell, Bulezau Ability)
   Command (per spell, Bulezau Ability)
   Darkness 15' Radius (per spell, Tanar'ri Ability)
   Gate, per Spell: d3 Rutterkin (40%) or 3d4 Dretches (60%) with a 25% chance, 1/day.
   Head-butt (Bulezau ability): On a natural 19 or 20, knocks a man-sized opponent back d6+4 feet and stuns them for d3 rounds
   Shout (per spell, Bulezau Ability), 1/day
   Wall of Fog (per spell, Bulezau Ability)
Special Defenses: 
   Immune to non-magical Fire, Lightning and Poison
   Takes half damage from Magical Fire, Cold and Gas
   +1 or better Weapons to hit, but takes full damage from Iron or Silver Weapons
Special Abilities:
   Detect Invisibility (per spell, Bulezau Ability)
   Infravision (per spell, Tanar'ri Ability)
   Teleport Without Error (per spell, Tanar'ri Ability)
   Telepathy/Tongues (Tanar'ri ability): Can communicate Telepathically with any intelligent life form regardless language barriers.
Special Weaknesses:
   Takes full damage from Iron or Silver Weapons
Magic Resistance: 25%
Size: L (8' tall)
Morale: Fanatic (17-18)
XP Value: 9,000

Notes: As applicable, Bulezau use all Spell like ability as if they were a 7th Level Mage and all are usable once per round unless otherwise noted. They can use a variety of mostly normal weapons.

Source: 2nd Edition AD&D 2613, Planescape Monstrous Compendium Appendix II, pages 108-109

Ed's Notes: In the Tanar'ri armies, i
f the Bar-Lgura are the Scouts, the Armanites are the heavy shock-troops and the Goristro are the heavy artillery. these guys would be the Foot Soldiers. Not the cannon fodder, but the Tanar'ri's answer to the Baatezu's Barbazu.

No comments:

Post a Comment